The Changing Seasons

/
0 Comments
Life has a way of shifting, turning and like a child twirling in circles sometimes you feel as though you are dizzy with the changes. That is how it has been for me the last few months. So much is passing so quickly before my eyes that I can't seem to hold onto the minutes, the hours or the days. It is quite a blur.
As the earth has shifted under my feet and I have tried to catch myself and keep standing upright, I have actually been amazed at the stillness of my soul. I have felt like crying at times but I haven't. I know that "all is well" and that cheerfulness is the best medicine for our times. I shiver to think what will happen as our Country moves further and further away from it's strength in unity. Memories of childhood in starting each day with the pledge, sitting on the back of a band wagon to celebrate the 4th of July; tears rolling down my cheeks in singing the National Anthem: all seem like beautiful memories but far away as though it all happened in distant time.
As I look out my kitchen window into the blaze of color all around me, I rejoice in knowing that seasons constantly change and that the only constant in life is change itself. The twirling will continue; winter will come but Renaisance will come forth as the world awakens to Spring.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.