The Price of Peace

/
1 Comments
I like to try and keep up with things happening in our Country and around the world and stay informed. Sometimes it is difficult to keep a positive and optimistic attitude when you see all the conflict that is going on everywhere. I find myself praying more frequently for peace to come to this earth. Here is a quote that came through my little nuggets of thought today. I couldn't help but think, "at this rate we may still have a long time waiting", but I know the Lord will have His hand in it and so I hope I can at least be a person of peace.


"The price of peace is righteousness. Men and nations may loudly proclaim, 'Peace, peace,' but there shall be no peace until individuals nurture in their souls those principles of personal purity, integrity, and character which foster the development of peace. Peace cannot be imposed. It must come from the lives and hearts of men. There is no other way."
Ezra Taft Benson


You may also like

1 comment:

Alicen said...

Sister Poulson, I just saw your comment on my blog. Sorry, I should realize how many missionaries you must have gone through there in Prescott Valley! I was Sister Lowe and I served first with Sister Crook and then with Sister Stanger. PV was my first area in 2001--I think around May or June and I stayed for a good 4.5 months. I knew you must have moved to Utah because I always see your husband singing in the tabernacle choir. I remember his voice! And your beautiful violin. Your family (little did you know probably) made such an impact on me. There was such a spirit in your home that I am always striving for. Oh, and here's something else that might help you remember. My mom is good friends with Sister Redd from your mission in Argentina. I think I helped you get reconnected with her maybe? Anyways, hope that helps you remember who I am. :) I am living in Syracuse now, so not too far from you!

Powered by Blogger.