Grandma's Tidbits - Thinking of Little Owen

/
0 Comments
We are all so excited to have Owen in our lives. Babies bring their own special spirit into the world and once they are here we can't imagine how we ever lived our lives without them. I've had a chance to see Frank and Sara a few times now since Owen was born and each time they have a few words to say about how little sleep they are getting these days. Last weekend on Franklin's birthday they mentioned that the night before they were up every hour on the hour with their little one. They actually did look a bit exhausted. I thought of the many hours that parents sacrifice for their children. Obviously, much of what they do goes unnoticed and unrecognized by the very little ones they do it for. Today I was talking to Frank and asked about our little Owen. " So is he sleeping a little better, I asked"? Franklin responded that he was doing a little better but that there was still a lot of room for improvement. I loved his positive approach to the question. How grateful I am for families. Children truly bring new life and value into the world. They strengthen our love and commitment to one another. They affirm the goodness of life and give all of us opportunities to share in the giving and receiving of love - the love we give to them and the joy they bring to all of us. What a marvelous plan. I truly hope that I will remain faithful and committed to this wonderful plan of happiness that the Lord has designed for all us. I know that families are truly central to the Lord's eternal plan of happiness for His children. How grateful I am for my wonderful family and for the little ones that are strengthening us and increasing our joy.
PS. It's kind of funny though. When we are around little Owen he seems to be sleeping quite nicely.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.