The Fun in Anticipation

/
0 Comments
It has taken me quite a few years of life to recognize that half the fun comes with the waiting and the anticipation.  I can truthfully say that I am experiencing the joy right now as I look forward to this week of time with my sweetheart and my family, experiencing for the first time: "The Poulsen Family Backyard Campout."   Destined to be a Hit!    I hope?  ...  and a Family Tradition as well.    I have kept myself very busy in getting prepared and now I hope that I am ready for everyone to be here.    As I look at the week ahead and the possibilities of success,   I think it's all about the children.      (I don't know how really excited the adults are about sleeping on the ground when a house is right in sight).   Mike our neighbor next door sold me on this idea when he told me about his family doing it last Year.  They have it on their calendar again for this summer as well.  He was quite convincing and the signs of their family coming and going seemed to reflect a positive result.   Of course Kaylma and Warren brought their family here a couple of weeks ago and had a fabulous time;   so now, it's Our Turn.    The kids I'm sure will love the playhouse, and my fun surprise that I won't mention now,  going to the water park,  being together with cousins and Grandpa and Grandma of course,  and all the other fun stuff we have on our schedule,  not to mention the food; (since food is more of an adult draw.)    Dad and I will be sitting back,   or rather buzzing around keeping things going, all the while savoring every fun moment of being together.     So,  I'm up for the gathering!     My heart is pounding a little faster,  my mind is whirling as I try to pull together all the last minute details,  and most of all, I can't wait to see Seth tomorrow.   Three Cheers for  Happy Days Ahead......!!


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.