Loving Makes Life Livable !

/
2 Comments
From time to time I receive in my inbox a little item called "LDS Nuggets". I open them up and discover some wonderful little gem of wisdom that can give a little umph to my day and help me stay positive and joyful amidst the challenges of life. All of us deal with some obstacle. I think even the rich and famous no matter how we might perceive their lives, are dealing with problems and situations that cause them discomfort, frustration or unhappiness. Today as i opened up my little nugget I found these words by Elder Uchtdorf.

Christ did not just speak about love; He showed it each day of His life. He did not remove Himself from the crowd. Being amidst the people, Jesus reached out to the one. He rescued the lost. He didn’t just teach a class about reaching out in love and then delegate the actual work to others. He not only taught but also showed us how to “succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees."

--Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "You Are My Hands", Ensign, May 2010, 68–70, 75

None of us are as good at showing love as our dear Savior... but each day we live, we can practice with a sincere heart. Our little attempts at showing love are really the big things that help us all keep moving on. I've already been lifted today many times by family and friends doing little things for me. A phone call from audrey, Christian helping me out in the yard. James making fun of me. Chris Snyder calling me and telling me about some coupons for a fun day with my grand kids. And Dorothy sending an e-mail with a big hello. Life is good!! Loving makes life livable.


You may also like

2 comments:

Emily said...

I know why this appealed to you so much. It's because YOU have a sincere heart. I love getting to know more about you. See you tonight! It's going to be a great program!

mbreck said...

Where can I get these LDS nuggetts? I need them in a bad way. Thanks for your post. Love you Aunt.

Powered by Blogger.