Gathering .....

/
6 Comments
For me it is always hard to just start a story from the beginning. It almost seems like you have to set the stage and reflect upon how the events all fit into the abundant life you are trying to create. At Christmas time for example, our narrator suggested that all stories really begin in the middle. As I have thought about that from time to time, I have come to believe that it is really true. And so let me set the stage....
Now that I'm in the middle of my life, as I look back it appears that life just whizzes by from toddlers to teens, from marriage to motherhood, from family all around to the empty nest stage... and then quick as a wink time changes and your full life, brim with activity stops for awhile and you wonder where you are? But that's ok... because it is only giving you time for reflection and for rediscovery. As you deal with all of this and wander a little in puzzlement, you see a glimpse of what it's all about when the family gathers.
Look for a moment at the pictures below and feel the pulse of life all around and then your questioning moves into understanding, and understanding to gratitude, and wrap it all up and you have happiness and love. Few people really understand that "FAMILY" is God's code word for the abundant and happy life not only in the here and now, but in the world to come. Those who do are the lucky ones. No wonder the Lord puts such a huge emphasis on gathering His people. And doesn't it feel good knowing that you always have a place to belong; to be loved and to be needed? As for me and my house.... I'm so grateful for my family!!!












You may also like

6 comments:

Frank Poulsen said...

Cute family.

Emily said...

I am going to have to remember these wise words of wisdom as you are full circle and I am still in the middle of the circle! Debra, you are great.

Living Foxy said...

super cute Mom

Kristy said...

Debbie! this is Kristy Marchant, former Sister Crook - I served in Prescott Valley about 10 years ago! Good to see you! can i get your email? will you send it to my email at mar99047@sbcglobal.net? I have a friend moving to Prescott Valley in a couple months.

I miss you tons! Hope all is well!!!

Kristy

Unknown said...

Our family rocks!!!

Unknown said...

Debbie-Thank you so much for your posts. I read your blog periodically and always enjoy it. Thank you for your example, testimony and insight. Your family is a great example for me and my family. So great to see pictures of your Mom. Please give her our love.
Take care-love,
Carla Grow

Powered by Blogger.