Happy Valentines Day!

/
3 Comments



Every year the seasons roll around and life provides us with enough holidays to keep us wrestling with our food addictions and our appetite for more excitement. I wonder what our ancestors did without all of this hub bub? I really think in my most adult self that all of these "special days" are a bit much... but then again I can't think of anything cuter than little cherubs and pretty valentines to share with family. I get sucked into it because in a way it's delightful. I think the men in our lives would rather delete many of these special days but when they are married to us women, what can they do, but give in? This year I sent out boxes to little Lauren and family; Joy, Demi and Owen and family and of course Christian. Then I couldn't forget granny and James... and for sure not my sweetheart... so everyone got remembered in my household. I tried to stay conservative, opting for happy and fun instead of expensive. Mom and I made valentine cookies together; that was fun, (even though I'm terrible at cookie decorating). And then I decided to spend some time ironing my husbands shirts for an expression of my love. (Actually that's becoming a weekly activity now that he's a professional). And......... a few other little things that I will not mention here, since it isn't February the 14th yet. But then again, I doubt my husband or children will be checking my Blog so I'm more than likely safe. But most of all... I love all of you bunches, and I'm glad that someone decided to create these pretty little hearts and lacy valentines. You must admit they really are sweet!


You may also like

3 comments:

Living Foxy said...

Happy Valentines Mother

Emily said...

What a great idea to iron your hubby's shirts! Maybe I'll work that in today. I think it's cute when grandma's send out valentines to all their littles in their life.

Mark and Gretchen said...

You are doing a GREAT job of GRANDMOTHERING! I just love those vintage valentines too!

Powered by Blogger.